For anyone that is interested in fostering here is a guideline for what can be expected from being a guardian, guardians must understand and agree to the following terms and conditions:
To temporarily house and care for any dog/cat belonging to P4AP. Guardian understands that P4AP is the sole and rightful owner of said foster dog/cat.
* All decisions regarding said foster dog/cat shall be made by P4AP. P4AP will consult with guardian.
* Guardian shall not give or otherwise transfer custody of foster dog/cat to any other person, unless approved by P4AP in advance.
* If for any reason guardian is unable to continue to house and care for said dog/cat, that he/she will notify P4AP and will return said dog/cat to P4AP. Guardian understands that said dog/cat might then be placed in a new foster home, in a boarding facility, or rescue.
* P4AP is not responsible for any damage caused by said foster dog/cat to guardian’s property or possessions.
* Guardian is not allowed to change foster dog/cat name unless guardian decides to officially adopt said dog/cat and adoption contract has been signed.
* P4AP will provide all necessary medical care for said foster dog/cat, including all required vaccinations or any other necessary medical care as deemed appropriate by P4AP and veterinarian. If foster dog/cat is not spayed or neutered when guardian takes possession of said dog/cat, P4AP will make the arrangements to have the procedure done.
* P4AP will pay all expenses “only” if said expenses and vet clinic have been approved by P4AP (unless guardian prefers to be financially responsible for said dog/cat).
* Guardian shall make said foster dog/cat available to any prospective adopter at a mutually convenient time and location.
* All dog/cats belonging to guardian personally must also be provided with all necessary medical care including vaccinations and heartworm preventative. P4AP is not financially responsible for personal dogs or cats of guardian.
* All dog/cats belonging to guardian personally which are not the property of P4AP shall be spayed or neutered. Exceptions could be made for senior pets.
* P4AP does not warrant the temperament or behavior of said foster dog/cat and P4AP is not to be held liable for any acts of said foster dog/cat while in the custody of guardian.
* In the event a foster dog/cat becomes lost or is stolen, guardian shall immediately notify P4AP.
* Foster dogs are to be supervised at all times, whether indoor or outdoor. Foster dogs must be supervised at all times when children and other dog/cats are present.
* Foster dogs/cats are never to be left outdoors while guardian is away from home unless kept in a secured kennel approved by P4AP and only in good weather.
* No foster dogs/cats will be allowed to roam at will or be off leash at any time.
* Guardian must separate all dog/cats in their possession when guardian is away from home. Proper separation includes keeping each dog/cat in its own crate and/or secluded in a secured area in guardian’s home.
* P4AP reserves the right to inspect guardian’s home at any time.
* Guardian acknowledges that his/her residence, if rented, permits pets and may be asked to produce a signed lease between guardian and his/her landlord stating as such.
* Guardian shall notify P4AP within 24 hours of any change in address, phone number or e-mail address.
* If guardian requires an outside party to temporarily care for said foster dog/cat, P4AP must be notified in advance of temporary guardian taking possession of said dog/cat. If P4AP feels that the temporary guardian is not suitable, P4AP shall take possession of said foster dog/cat until such time as guardian can resume full custody.
* P4AP recognizes the right of guardian, if so desired, to be included in the placement process.
* Guardian may permanently adopt said foster dog/cat if such placement is approved by P4AP and provided that no pending applications are in process for the same dog/cat.
Copyright © 2023 Pause 4 All Paws - All Rights Reserved.
New York State Department of Agriculture & Markets registration No:369 expiration 05/1/24